Create Make Learn Summer Institute
Join us for the 2023 Create Make Learn Summer Institute.
July 10 - 14, 2023 in Bellows Falls, Vermont
Join the Strand that's right for you - from Newbie to more Advanced Learner
- Getting Started with Creating and Making (for beginners)
- Create Confidence with Creating, Making & Coding
( for those with some previous experience)
Example session may include
~Creative and Practical Problem Solving with Cardboard, Paper, and Loose Parts
~Designing STEAM infused Literacy Projects
~Make Media: Podcast & Green Screen Video Projects
~Create Confidence with Circuits & Code
~Design Thinking & Identity Projects in 2D & 3D
(using 3D printers, Laser Cutters, Vinyl Cutters, etc)
-Explore role of AI in Creating and Making
- Complete and share a Meaningful Making Project applying your learning through design, creating, and making
- Plan a curricular unit or school project where creating and making are central to learning goals and provide opportunities for students to develop growth or proficiency of Vermont Transferable Skills
- Connect with peers that best meets your needs
PreK / Elementary /Middle School / High School
Get inspired by stories and examples of learning through creating and making from our CML community. Each year we curate inspiration from our community of educators, makers, and artists who are passionate about hands-on minds-on learning through creating and making and share them on our blog.
You can connect with us and other educators who are passionate about learning through creating and making at these maker events.
January 2023: One Word Challenge with Cuttle.xyz
Cuttle.xyz is a Chromebook-compatible vector graphic program that can be used to create designs for computer controlled maker tools such as Cricut cutters, laser cutters, and more.